Whilst a jack of all trades is master of none, I view myself as a comprehensive modern-day knowledge worker who is multi-skilled, resourceful, and handy in any undertaking. I get stuff done.
Who am I?
· Financial Analyst
· Cloud Accountant
· Citizen Data Scientist
· Business Analyst
Which qualifications and certifications do I have?
· Passed all the exams need to be a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
· BCom Banking and Finance
· Xero Certified Advisor
Which skills do I possess?
I have an ever-growing portfolio of skills due to a higher-than-average appetite for learning new skills. My skill sets can be segmented into three categories based on how they have been acquired.
Skillsets acquired through Education
- Investment Analysis — The CFA program was very useful in cultivating a strong analytical framework and mindset. I can comfortably analyze several types of investments with a high degree of confidence
- Equity Research — I enjoy research equities but have unfortunately not yet published any equity research report of my own
- Financial Modelling — I believe my excel skills are up there with the top 20% of excel users and my financial modelling skills are as good as anybody’s
- Macro-economic analysis — have written more than 20 lengthy articles on Medium covering various macroeconomic themes such as Helicopter Money, Recessions, Shape of the Recovery, Zombie Corporations, Debt Financed Share buybacks, and Demand Creation.
Skill-sets acquired from Hobbies
- Building websites — on Wix, Go Daddy and WordPress, Search engine optimization, installing and running WordPress plugins
- Data Extraction via Web scraping — using SrapeStorm, Mozenda, ParseHub, Google Sheets and at times writing custom scripts using Python Jupyter Notebook
- Data visualizations — using Tableau, Power Bi, and Googles Data Studio. My most cherished visualization is not a dashboard, but individual pages that help in team selection for a Fantasy Premier League bosses. Another popular visualization is my COVID19 stats that I have been posting on my Public Tableau profile
- Business Analysis — using the popular Business Model Canvas to perform business model analysis.
Skill-sets acquired from my Current Occupation
- Cloud Accounting, Bookkeeping, Financial Reporting, Management Accounting,
- Migration data from legacy accounting software’s to Xero
- Setting up live bank feeds, tax settings, organizational settings, invoicing templates, branding themes, chart of accounts, repeating invoices, and fixed asset modules.
- Xero bank reconciliations, setting up automated reconciliation rules
- Handling taxes, PAYE, VAT, and Income Tax submissions (VAT201, EMP201 and EMP501, ITR14)
What do i offer?
- current skill sets
- skills I am still in the process of mastering
- future skill sets because of the unparalleled willingness and ability to learn
List of of softwares, technologies and tools that I have used (familiar with)
- Sage Pastel
- Spotlight Reporting
- Scrape Storm
- Python (using Jupyter Notebook)
- Go Daddy website builder
- SARS e-filing
- Receipt Bank